Everyone knows having a lot of content is a good thing, but in the days where search engines are getting smarter and buyers are becoming more selective, quality content is truly king.
Quality content is a definite must-have for any website. This includes:
- Offer unique content. People love this and so do search engines.
- Write for humans, not search engines. People don’t read like robots.
- Provide value and educational content that helps others.
- Do your research when paying for content that is written by third-party service. Some work well, others do not.
- Keep content fresh. Having news that’s two years old still sitting on your homepage will probably give your visitors a bad feeling.
- Know your audience. Providing content that is specific to your buyers makes it more relevant for them, and in turn, higher quality.
- Include evidence when needed. If stating facts, numbers, awards, testimonials, and etc., try to back it up with a source and give credit when credit is due.
- Know your subject well. You probably don’t want an auto mechanic writing about brain surgery. Accurate content equals quality.